WE FIGHT FOR
Fighting a DUI
When fighting a DUI, one of the most common questions from those facing DUI charges is “What do I do if I failed a breathalyzer or blood/urine test?” Many people consider breath and blood/urine test results to be beyond challenge, but this is not the case.
Breath and Blood Test Inaccuracies
Some issues that may render a breath alcohol concentration test inadmissible:
- the BAC operator is not certified, or the certification expired;
- failure to conduct instrument checks with proscribed time limits;
- failure to maintain calibration check solutions in a proper manner;
- using a calibration solution in excess of three months after the date of first use;
- failure to conduct a radio frequency check in the proper manner; and
- failure to maintain the result of instrument checks, controls, certifications, calibrations checks, and records of service and repairs in accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code.
Blood and urine tests are also not infallible. Some common issues are:
- an unqualified person collecting the sample;
- unsterile conditions during the sample collection;
- improper collection of the sample;
- lack of witness to the specimen collection to allow authentication;
- improper storage and handling of the sample; and
- poor or malfunctioning testing machinery.
While not completely dispositive, the presence of any factor listed above could lead to suppression of the test or an offer of a reduced charge. The prosecutor is required to establish that law enforcement substantially complied with Ohio Administrative Rules Governing alcohol testing.
What You Can Do.
If you’re fighting a DUI, we can help protect your record, your job, and your reputation. Call us today.
- Free Case Review -
(614) 443 -6818
"I highly recommend Nathan to anybody in need of a defense attorney. He really helped a lot. He's very professional and kind. I am very happy with the service he provided."
"Thank you for a job well done. I appreciate that you took my calls and treated me with respect. I can’t thank you enough for everything you've done. I will recommend you to everyone I know."
"My husband was facing jail time after his 4th DUI arrest. Mr. Akamine encouraged him to get the help he needed in treatment and convinced the judge to allow him to do house arrest instead of jail."
-Amy and John K.
"I didn't hire a lawyer for my first DUI. That was a mistake. Mr. Akamine goes above and beyond. Lawyer of the year in my option. I'll never go anywhere else for my legal issues."
"Nathan represented my son several times in the past. He recommended the best actions to take in court and truly cared about us. I called often and he always was able to make me feel better about my son's situation."